Thursday, November 4, 2010

M3 revison

           I had said to my driver directly after escaping the pyramid, "at least it can't get much worse than this," weakly, I, gasped.Of course that's when it did. (sigh) Same old Indiana Jones adventure. Well there was a sudden lurch and the Pepsi I had just fetched from the mini fridge in the back of the front seat flew out of my hand as my body crashed through the window. I laid there, paralyzed, half out the window. And I watched it fall, the brown sticky liquid displaying a performance of  spiralling waterfalls. Then it hit me. The portal is malfunctioning! I thought the second before my glamorous car began to plummet. So much for enormous riches off ancient non-wanted treasures. We were feet away when bam! We jolted forward in time by years at least and not minutes of years. I could tell by the timeometer on the front dashboard, but it was enough. It slowed our movement to two feet per second and we landed lightly with slight dust cloud. I gave a sigh of relief.
              "Um..." my driver had said. "Mr. Norris. I advise we make a run for it. The limousine's engine is malfunctioning and those loin cloth guys are running at us." 
               "Protect the pharaoh!" I heard the small translator on my belt say in a robotic voice as the Egyptians shouted in Arabic.
                There was a boy standing on the horizon. He watched us as the men ran forward. We waved and shouted for help in Arabic thanks to our translators. That's when I realized he wasn't going to get help. He was King Tut. My face paled. This is the end, I thought, and charged forward, sidestepping the men. One lunged, but me and my driver jumped out of the way. I sprinted towards the boy. He looked quite surprised and began calling for more reinforcements. He began to run, but I grabbed his shoulders. 
              "Listen!" I insisted. "Your life is coming to an end." You only have a couple more years left on you. I can save you and bring antibiotics! Just call your men down!"
             The boy Pharaoh looked puzzled and startled. With that he lashed out at me. As I lay in the sand my nose bleeding, he asked one thing in Arabic. "I do not want intoobititcas!" he shouted with the worst pronunciation I had ever heard. "I don't know what it is!"
          "Medicine," I gasped, "to save you, Your reign is nearly done. He hesitated at this.
          "How do you know this?"
           I thought quick. "Um, I'm a god. Bow down or suffer dire consequences!" I bellowed.
          He dropped to his knees and began to sob. "No. No! End my life now so I must not go through this. I am sorry! I've spoken badly to a god!" That was surprising. Meanwhile my driver was attempting to hold off a hord of angry egyptians. Note I said attempting. He had torn out the gear shift in the limmo and was swinging it around quite feebily. "STOP!" Tut cried. The egyptian fists stopped in mid flight.
        "Now!" I yelled.
        "What?" asked my driver. 
       (sigh) "The magnetic retractors to the limousine."
       "Oh yeah." (click) A second later, BAM! into the car. I moaned.
      "Engine charged yet?"
      "Believe so."
       "Hit it."
       A rumbling, a splutter, a rev, and off we went. The people of ancient egypt hardly had time to blink before it was gone.

7 comments:

  1. That was a great story you did there! I liked how you used paralyzed in the sentence! Great Job! I enjoyed your story a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the story was great i liked how u paralized in the sentence

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the way described the Pepsi spilling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your story a lot and I think you used good words.

    ReplyDelete