Ugh! I never want to go through that experience again! Just imagine being smelted down and seeing all the horrible ways you could die if you made the wrong choices in life. You can feel the pain and then all of a sudden the pieces of your very essence are thrown into absolute emptiness between atoms and particles of space so tiny they divide time into sections. The smallest hole in the world. All leading to different places and time by the trillisecond. Not pleasant.
Well, next thing I knew I was sliding down the top of the Great Pyramid thinking my pants were going to catch fire. The feeling only lasted a bout a second before I hit the top step and felt a sudden pain in both legs. Ouch. I looked down and realized I was standing on a huge pile of sun bleached rocks. The Great Pyramid at Giza. It looked like they had just finished. Unfortunately for me, it didn't look like they were to pleased with someone popping out of thin air on their newly completed monument. They must have thought I was trying to get there king assassinated or something. (Oddly, there is no tomb inside. Pretty weird, but let's get back to the story.) A couple started climbing that had all sorts of things dangling from their loin cloth, mostly knives and teeth and little bags, it looked like they had brought all sorts of gifts for this party. It would've been comforting to see someone who didn't want to kill me and eat my head in a lizard sandwich. (course that's not what they would've done) That's when I saw a glint of scaly green skin and some messy red hair upon a lizard/human body. "Ugh!" I moaned. I didn't mean him." I pointed at him. Then the buff loin cloth guys noticed him and started half running half skidding down the monument, probably thinking he was some god. Apparently that Egyptian "god" who I call Seth, was not to pleased with them. Gave 'em a good dose of venom and was out of there. During the confusion, I attempted to make my escape from Egypt. Not very easy when your limousine is thirty feet above you. That's when my partner from above threw down a rope and we were off. Wonder if Seth got out all right? Uh oh. Here comes the engine. See you!
Wow, that is perhaps the most amazing opening paragraph I have read in a long long time.
ReplyDelete