Thursday, January 12, 2012

M5

      Ancient Africa, what fools people were to destroy such a civilization. I'm currently exploring Sahara desert and decided I would join a passing caravan of salt traders from the north. They were on there way to Ghana, I guess what could be called the trading empire of the time.Conveniently placed between north and south Africa. Two places in desperate need of each other. I've placed a map of it below.
      Apparently the people of north Africa come to Ghana for plenty of things, considering most of northern Africa lies in the empty void of the Sahara Desert. Which is buy the way, HUGE. It's the biggest desert in the world actually. When the North Africans heard of the salt gold trade happening at Ghana many traders scurried down there for there share.
         I asked them why the salt trade was so important when they first told me about the trading center of Africa. They said that when people sweat, they lose salt, which is very important to the human body. When you live in the desert, sweating is daily part of life. After walking a ways longer they actually. started pulling out bags of salt and pouring it down their throats. The offered me some, but I declined. The idea of the STRONG flavor of salt sticking to your mouth and throat kind of sickened me.
        So this is how the whole trade works. North gives salt to west.south trades gold to north. Also it helps that the north is right by the Mediterranean Sea. What kind of sea is the Mediterranean? Salt water. So there you go.
       When we got to the trading center, I saw severalgaurds gaurding the wall around the empire. I elbowed one of the North Africans and askede him if this was natural. He looked back at me like I was stupid. "Of course," he answered me. "It's the greatest trade center of Africa ever." I saw them all pay there tax's of gold dust and the gaurd opened the huge gates to empire. That's when the gaurd saw me with my golden time travelling bedazzler and said I needed to pay my taxs. Of course I refused, being Chuck Norris.
      Now I get to the real point of this post. Well they knocked me out stole my golden bedazzler and locked me in cold mud epty prison cell. I don't know how long they'll keep me here, but I need someones help desperatley. Please, if anyones recieving this, come quick!  the gaurds are coming now, I have to go!


      
     

1 comment: