Thursday, December 8, 2011

M4

        OK, you know how several times before my fellow travellers have kind of screwed up my adventures in the ancient world. Well this time, they really screwed it up. I'm going to describe the landscape here so you can take a guess. dry, hot, sandy, sand dunes, and rhymes with arid. Your most likely right. The middle of knowhere here in Arabia. More specifically, the Rub AL Kali desert in southern Arabia.
        We've been trudging through the sands for days. luckily I remember some of my history lessons and bought a few camels from a small oasis where people had started farming. These animals can carry my load and go for weeks without water. Plus if I really need it I can eat it. These animals are so amazing in its desert habitat that it is even called the ship of the desert.
      The wind has truly taken it's tolls on us these past days. We are all covered in cuts and I fear something much worse is coming. We may not be able to manage it if it does. Few of us are left upright, most of the rest are crawling with the sad blasting cloaked heads. We had to get out of this storm.
      That's when I saw it coming in behind us. I was urging us on when I noticed the suddenly panicking looks on the Arabs faces they began to trudge to there feet and run right past me. Practically right in front of us, concealed by the sand before, but now a writhing wall of death. I began to run after them , but by then it was to late I was consumed by the storm, with it the urge to survive.I could hear the Arabs shouting ahead of me. It didn't matter I was going to die out there in the desert. Finally the wind pushed me to the ground and the sand flew directly into my eyes and nose. My skin began to blister all over my body as the sand ripped through my clothing. The last thing I remember was a strip of blue in the background and I lost consciousness.
    When I awoke I'm in a secret underground time travel base. Senor Volpe stood over me.
    "Good, your awake," he said simply. "You're being reassigned."
   At first I'm confused until it all comes rushing back to me.
   "How am I still alive," I croak.
    "The Arabs managed to drag you to a nearby oasis with a pond and dump you in. You're lucky they didn't leave you."
   I sigh. "I'll take your word on it. Where am I being reassigned to?" I question.
   "Africa, you should get moving."
   And I'm warped into the space time continuum. Don't I ever get a break?


  

No comments:

Post a Comment