PHOTO SAFARI :D
in memory of ancient Egypt
Well, it's been fun in Egypt, if you call being stuck in one of THESE for hours fun. I admit it would be pretty amazing being buried in one. They're tombs are enormous, but really, if I was going to be stuck in the afterlife in one of these I could seriously have a ice cream parlor down there in the dark. I'm planning a trip to see old Tuts in a couple of months back in the present, but it won't be nearly as great.This was King Tuts golden death mask. I actually held it in my hands for a few minutes until the locals got angry and I realized there was a head in it. Bon apetite to the scarab beetles. Note to self: always check for decaying flesh before examining a priceless Egyptian treasure with bare hands. Only a child and in charge of Egypt. Tutankhamen ruled! Literally.
This was the Great Pyramid at Giza nearly 4,500 years ago! A pretty beautiful piece of architectural wonder. Hm? Now imagine flying down it at 35 mph. Beautiful, but I walked away from this monument with a little bit more than a couple of sunburns. Building this pyramid, took many workers in the desert.
Swirly magical powers! Don't even ask me to explain how these things work. It hurts my head. Travelling through it on the other hand hurts a lot more than my head. You should've seen my driver though! He was, I think, totally freaking out! You should've seen his face. Portals can do some crazy things to your head. They are really amazing creations, able to transport objects inbetween the smallest holes between particles where the memories of time are stored. I only know the basic knowlegde on how it gets you there, but not the details. Makes me groggy just thinking about it.Here's a translation of egyptian hieroglyphics. I can't believe they memorized all these! The picture's a bit fuzzy, but so are all hieroglyphics after thousands of years. : D

Excellent inclusion of the blueprint for the tomb.
ReplyDelete