So, my time in the Americas is up at last. Not that I really care. I didn't have the best time getting mauled with a knife and all that stuff anyways. One of my old friends Seth came by and broke me out. Jee, it's been a long time since I've seen him. I think he quit time travellers inc. Anyway, he burned his way through the wall with his acidic venom and sent the doctor fleeing from the room shouting. I mean there WAS a door, but when your half man half snake I guess you don't really think about that stuff. He told me Signor Volpe had a new mission for me. A mission in ancient Japan. He said that Signor Volpe wanted me to visit the meeting between the rulers of the separated regions of Japan. They're planning on making one unified empire due to Chinese officials recommending it. I agreed, of course. Here comes another journey into the unknown. Great.
As soon as my limo came out of inter spacial orbit and into the range of the Island country I started picking up voices over the radar, trying to find the location of the meeting rulers. Most of them I singled out were talking about normal stuff until finally, I got lucky. I heard an argument about where to establish a central government. I quickly told my driver to home in and advance the sound in that sector. He did so by skillfully pulling a couple of switches while keeping one hand on the wheel at all times. This is what I heard.
Then it is settled our central government will be settled on hhshshhsshhshs
shhshs due to our friend shshssh's exorbitant amount of cropland on the
island of Hokkaido.
That's what got me worried. The island of Hokkaido would be a horrible place to establish government. The whole thing is one huge mountain range and it's got nowhere near as much coast for fishing and areas for farming over all as Honshu has. Plus, Honshu's the largest, and is in the middle of the country. I don't know what moron came up with Hokkaido, but I'm not letting that happen. I told my driver to bring 'er down so we can fix this.
We homed in on the location of the voices by using the radar and then started turning in the direction of Honshu, the main island. We found the voices were coming from inside a mountain valley somewhere in the Japanese Alps and they were beginning to separate, heading back home. I need to catch them when they're all together, I though to myself. I was running out of time.
"We're coming in pretty fast sir, shouldn't we slow down," my chofuer asked looking back nervously at me. The speedometer read 186 mph.
"No," I answered. "We have to keep going." My driver took a deep breath and kept plowing on.
We were just within less than 1 mile of the meeting spot now. I feared we wouldn't make it. The Kanto plain rushed out from underneath us. I only caught a glimpse of the lush farmlands though before we were over the mountains again and diving down a steep hillside. This was the Valley. I grabbed the mega phone and started shouting at the few parties that had begun departing to stop. They all looked up and even from here I could see their eyes bug out of their heads as they gawked at us as we flew in.
"You can slow down now please," I said to my driver. He took a sigh of relief and hit the breaks... hard. I almost ended the journey right there as I flew towards the front window, but my driver luckily caught my shoe and through me into the back seat.
"Want a word of advice?" I asked him.
"What?"
"Go through driving school." He gave a humph. The emperors had begun crowding around us. I needed a plan. I told my driver to roll down the window. We both took a deep breath and he rolled down the back window for me. Faces began crowding the space questioningly.
"Uh... hi," I said awkwardly. They just stared at me expectantly. "I heard your conversation about where to settle I said in perfect Japanese." I heard that Honshu would also be a fairly good spot.
"And why is that?" one of them finally asked, "and who are you and what kind of horse is that you're riding on."
"Umm... this is a sky horse given to me from the gods." A lightbulb suddenly popped up on my head. "And I carry a message from them saying that Honshu would be a much better decision it's centrally located and has much more farmland. This message is brought to you from the gods of shinto. Please consider our words." They gawked at me and then... began bowing at me. "Ummm... thank you for your time. I guess umm...bye." With that I spun around and shouted at our driver to get us out of here! He gladly obliged. I hope they considered my words.
Before you could advise them to choose Honshu, you had to go through a lot of very confusing adventures.
ReplyDelete