Thursday, February 9, 2012

M7

     I always liked art. You know, just any art. Especially radiant trees and plants on a background in stuff. Well, this sure didn't prepare me for what I needed to do to stick to the laws of Islam in Africa. Now I'm gonna get my pockets emptied of every penny I have if I don't fix this immediately.You're probably really confused so I'll tell the story from the beginning.
     I was looking to explore some of the jobs in Medieval Africa and I found the art they did very neat. Lots of geometric and floral designs. I decided I'd join two brothers i their art business. I was worried I would accidentally tamper with their art, but they thought it would be fine. I thought I'd join the business and show them a little of what I could do. Worst mistake of my life.
    After the first few strokes of my brush they started to get funny faces and started glancing at each other. I was almost done, with a tree on a savannah background when they grabbed my arms and started calling in Arabic for guards to take me away. As soon as a couple of armored figures who must have been the guards they were calling for walked in. I realized the problem. THEY WERE MUSLIM! Islamic art has no animals or plants in it because according to the Qur'an only got can create such beauty. Therefor I was dissing their religion.
      One of them lifted a spear to my chest and said a was going to court in a deep Arabic voice and they began shoving me! Can you believe it? ME! Chuck Norris, SHOVED by a stranger. It was just a little mistake after all. I didn't know, but of course they didn't listen to my pleas. The court was held several hours later. The court lasted several hours. I didn't have a lawyer though so I was all on my own the whole time. When I described my situation I guess they felt a little bad about punishing me though because they said I had one chance to fix it.
     Well, I am REALLY lucky that muslims brought this court system to Africa also or I would be in a LOT more trouble. I think I'm going to scratch this painting and start on a new one. Someday I hope I learn how these artists make these art styles so nice even though it nearly got me in a lot of trouble. Well, I'll be studying up for next time. I just hope I don't violate some other Islamic law!

No comments:

Post a Comment