Friday, June 3, 2011

M15

               Dr. Franken Norris signing in (like that new li'il nickname of mine?) ; )  
      As you've probably learned by now, I've had some tough times in India, but some good times too. I've learned a lot. This is why I'm sad to announce, after today, I will not be returning. My last time traveler mission actually, so this time, I'm going to try and have the best mission ever, because I probably won't ever get an opportunity like this ever again. As you know, that's probably impossible for me to get through a perfect day so lots of my adventure will be left out. Oh, well.     
     Here I am back in the bustling Buddhist region of Kapilivastu, the birth place of the Buddha himself. It's a great honor to be here in ancient times, especially since I was traveling to the Bohdi Tree. I was so jaunty about it that I knocked over a village kart filled with beets as I was jogging through the streets and then I nearly skewered myself on a cow's horn as I was making a quick apology. I learned this from this experience. When in a bustling Indian city, wear 3 foot long sharp cow horn proof armor, Unless you want to take the path of a Mexican bull wrestler.
       When I found him under the tree. It was as if I could learn to be enlightened by simply looking at this pair of tree and man, It seemed perfect together. At the time, Siddhartha was meditating, but opened one eye to look at me. "Ah, you arrived."
        I wanted you to tell me about your path to enlightenment. I find it very interesting about how you finally reached nirvana."
       "Then I shall tell," he began. "I began my life as a powerful prince that could rule the universe. A tempting choice when you are blind to the suffering of the world. As I grew older and began to leave my palace if only for short trips, I saw the evil in the world. I knew then, after I met an ascetic soon after, that I could not keep my current life and cut my hair, gave a way everything I owned and set off into the forest to become enlightened."
        "It seems that would be so hard."
        "True happiness is not something you simply stumble upon on the street," he pointed out. "Now to continue my tale. As I lived my life in the forest neglecting my bodies needs and starving myself almost to death to reach enlightenment, I discovered I was not getting anywhere like this and tried something ascetics normally did not do. I reached the middle way, between self neglect and a liveable common life. Then one night as I meditated, I saw Karma and I understood how to escape the cycle of death and rebirth. I had become the Buddha," he concluded.
       "Wow, thank you so much," I said gazing at him in awe. "I won't forget this."
       "Good luck," He said peacefully and closed his eyes to continue his meditating. I wouldn't disturb him now. I bowed once and left.
       I'm in my traveling limousine now, saying goodbye to travelers inc. This has been the best experience of my life in this building and I won't soon forget it.

2 comments: