Friday, April 29, 2011

m13

       cold, cold, cold, freezing, hungry, cold, hungry, cold, cold, cold. These are the thoughts running through my mind as I trek down the freezing Hindu Kush mountains. "I still can't believe the time travellers inc. people left me with ice cream" I mumbled to myself. Finally I dropped to the icy ground. "Why these icy mountains?!?" I wailed. "Why?!? and with nothing, but ice cream?!? "I'm sure it will be a nice snack out in the cold," I mocked. Not even any water! Those nincompoops thought I could melt ice for water, but you know what? There's no heat! I can't carry on." With that I dropped into the snow, lost in thoughts of the icy,  inhospitable mountains and the roar of a river. Wait, a river?
      "Chuck, you must go to the Indus river system," rumbled a familiar voice.
      "uhhhh."
       "No, really, you're five feet away from it. Like my little Obi-Wan impression there?" questioned Robber
      "uh"
       "Really, OK fine. There you will find Robber." He quickly stepped out of my view. Just kidding, I'M ROBBER! Robber says wake up," and with that he threw me into the shallow part of the River. I instantaneously woke from my short coma with a shout.
      Rob whirled around to see snow heavily sliding down the mountain. "Of course,"he mumbled. "The snow from the mountains is the only thing that keeps the river flowing, and it's winter!..."
      "...and the rivers freezing cold from the ice!" I shouted over the roar of the avalanche.
      "Let's move!"
      I stumbled up, ran a short distance, and fell back into the icy river. "Oh no,"I mumbled and with my last ounce of strength, pushed myself into the slightly deeper part of the river and let it pull me away.
                                                      
                                                                     a couple hours later

      "Oh, how far have I gone, "I mumbled as he sat up in the cold river. "Whoa. "I was sitting up on the edge of a large plot of farmland. I must still be on the Indus River. The sediment from the mountain is supposed to make the soil around it very rich. I stumbled aways until I found shelter of mud brick. "Yep," I mumbled. "This is definitely next  to the Indus River." The ceiling was probably 11 feet high and filled to the top with vegetables... in the middle of winter! Who lives here must have been eating it way before Winter. Probably in Spring which means even more food than this has been around for years!" I packed with tons of food and was on my way over the Decan Plateau, over the Eastern Ghats, and to the Bay of Bengal. I've got a long journey ahead of me. I hoped Robber was OK.

4 comments:

  1. Good post, I like the ws sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ending should go like this. I started on my long, cold jerny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is very cool i liked all the stuff that was going throught your head it was funny! :d :{D

    ReplyDelete