WOW! I'm back in time traveler top secret base. The Egyptians were just rounding the corner to Tuts room when I got a call on my phone. It was from Senior Zorro, head of Time Travelers inc.!
"Hello? Zorro?!?" I answered as quietly as possible when a couple of buff Egyptians were rounding the corner of an under construction tomb.
"CHUCK!" he shouted from the other end of the line. "Get out of there! We're sending a rescue team now!"
BAM! Three men in overalls were standing in front of the Egyptians. Then the next thing I knew I was back in the lobby of the secret time traveler base. I looked at my watch. Only seconds had passed since I departed for Egypt. I breathed a sigh of relief. That's when I got another call.
It was Zoro. "Hello?"
"HEY! Glad you made it back in one piece! But um... Would you mind another job?"
"Oh gosh Zoro," I said. "What now?"
"We need a research team and you seem to be the guy who always gets trouble."
"Talk about it. So, where do you need me?"
And now I'm back in the ancient world, (Not Egypt thankfully) Studying the Trojan War. A war between Troy and Mycenae in Greece. That's right, GREECE! The land of grapes and whine! That's how I think of it at least. I'm staying at a farmer's house. His name's Damos. He owns a TON of goats and cattle. They must be a number one farm animal because they're EVEY WHERE. We talked about the Trojan war
"It's been raging for weeks now, and it's been fierce" the translator buzzed on my belt in English Damos continued speaking in fluent Latin. "We are superior, but they are still strong.
"Can you hold out?" I asked.
He looked grave, "It will be difficult."
I knew you were the right man for the job.
ReplyDelete